<$BlogRSDUrl$>

segunda-feira, janeiro 17

Sobre ver e não ver, a ouvir 

[...] She went blind at the age of five. We'd stand at the bedroom window and she'd
get me to tell her what I saw. I'd describe the houses opposite, the little
patch of grass next to the path, the gate with its rotten hinges forever wedged
open that Dad was always going to fix. She'd stand there quiet for a moment. I
thought she was trying to develop the images in her own head. Then she'd say:

I can see little twinkly stars,
like Christmas tree lights in faraway windows.
Rings of brightly coloured rocks
floating around orange and mustard planets.
I can see huge tiger striped fishes
chasing tiny blue and yellow dashes,
all tails and fins and bubbles.
I'd look at the grey house opposite, and close the curtains.
[...]


in "My syster", Tindersticks, 1995 (letra completa aqui)

Comments: Enviar um comentário
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com